Monday 20 September 2010

Hiveguard finished and a surprise!

Well here they are finally! man real life can be a right pain in the ass when your trying to get work done, but at least I got there in the end.

I chose to wash one of them a little darker so there was some variation in the brood, mainly due to GW in there wisdom making only one pose and model!

The bases have a little scorched grass and some MIG weathering powders on the junk metal to give a rusted look.

What do you guys think?


AND NOW THE SURPRISE!


A Tyranid Prime, now this guy is very WIP so be gentle on me lol.

The basic idea I had was to make a mini Tyrant and a model that was more ornate and different to a Warrior.
I hope the "spines" on the back give the impression of greater synapse control, along with the more upright pose showing enhanced self awareness within the swarm.

The Bonesword and lash whip are just mockups of the final pieces, but I hope you get the gist.
I am a bit worried about the head, I want a different face and larger brain in there too, your thoughts?

C&C especially welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment