Monday 27 September 2010

Tyranid Prime Part II

Hello again folks, sorry for the delay in posting but real life has been getting in the way a bit.
Still I have managed to get some more done on the Tyranid Prime I have completed the Greenstuff work on the body and legs and have sculpted a nice big Brain for him!
The head is made from a Warrior crest and a Genestealer face with some Greenstuff Brainz,

I followed this excellent tutorial from Hydra on how to make Boneswords and lashwhips, I actually used the lash whip idea to make the tail more interesting.

All I have left to do now is join the body and head with a suitable neck and its ready for paint.
I have started on the second Prime now I have the idea straightened out with this little fella.
Stay tuned for the painted version coming soon.

2 comments:

  1. The Mawloc back spines really add to the effect. It makes him look like a small Hive Tyrant--which I'm sure is the essence of the look you're going for. Very cool.

    I really like the tutorial on boneswords and lashwhips as well. How long did they take to convert?

    I opted to just swap the heads out with Raveners, thereby giving them a distinct trait (mandibles) that other warriors don't have, but not making them incredibly different. I guess this is partly due to laziness, and partly due to the fact that I've seen units come and go in the past, and I don't want to have to scrap the models when 6th edition comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I confess I had so many of the spikes left from my Trygon that I had to use them on something!

    The Bonesword was very easy to do i used a drill to cut the notch out, in all honesty the hardest thing is coming up with a non-sword shape!
    The lash whip was a little longer due to curing time with the GS, I would recommend you let it cure for a while before draping it over the pen, also put a little vaseline on the pen to stop it sticking as it dries.

    I unfortunately don't really like the Ravener kit so havent seen whats in there, I may grow to like them in time.

    ReplyDelete