Saturday, 18 December 2010

Sternguard WIP

From Space Marines
Well it's not much to look at but it's all I have managed this week, it seems to be getting harder and harder to get decent time on the models.

These fellas are still only about 70% done, the left hand Marine has had all the green highlights done as a test to see how the colours work.
They still need the bone/parchment finishing and the little details, then I will have some freehand to do for the Veteran symbols on the shoulders, and the banner will have some flames running up it as well.

I am pleased with how they are coming along but I am still struggling to find a quick way of getting a good base that is easily shaded and then cleaned up without having to apply 2-3 coats of Snot Green.

I am thinking of trying a mix of Snot green and a foundation paint to give smooth single coat coverage, it's an issue that has plagued me for ages, I am not fast enough period!

This will be the last post until the new year I will post the finished pics here for everyone before I have a nice festive break.
And so to everyone who reads or posts here.

MERRY XMAS